Scrabble word: MOOT
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOOT exist?
Definitions of MOOT in dictionaries:
- noun - a hypothetical case that law students argue as an exercise
- verb - think about carefully
- adj - of no legal significance (as having been previously decided)
- adj - open to argument or debate
- A hypothetical case argued by law students as an exercise.
- An ancient English meeting, especially a representative meeting of the freemen of a shire.
- To bring up as a subject for discussion or debate.
- To discuss or debate.
- To plead or argue (a case) in a moot court.
- Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.
- Without legal significance, through having been previously decided or settled.
- As an adjective moot has come to be widely used to mean “no longer important, irrelevant,” as in It’s a purely moot question which corporation you make your rent check out to; Brown will get the money in either case.
- verb - to bring up for discussion