Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: HALCYON
In which Scrabble dictionary does HALCYON exist?
Definitions of HALCYON in dictionaries:
- noun - (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher
- noun - a large kingfisher widely distributed in warmer parts of the Old World
- noun - a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves
- adj - idyllically calm and peaceful
- adj - marked by peace and prosperity
- A kingfisher, especially one of the genus Halcyon.
- A fabled bird, identified with the kingfisher, that was supposed to have had the power to calm the wind and the waves while it nested on the sea during the winter solstice.
- Calm and peaceful; tranquil.
- Prosperous; golden: halcyon years.
- noun - a mythical bird
There are 7 letters in HALCYON: A C H L N O Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HALCYON
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HALCYON plus a wildcard: HALCYON?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HALCYON
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for HALCYON
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.