Scrabble word: ONLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does ONLY exist?
Definitions of ONLY in dictionaries:
- adj - being the only one
- adj - exclusive of anyone or anything else
- adv - and nothing more
- adv - without any others being included or involved
- adv - with nevertheless the final result
- adv - in the final outcome
- adv - except that
- adv - never except when
- adv - as recently as
- Alone in kind or class; sole.
- Standing alone by reason of superiority or excellence.
- Without anyone or anything else; alone: room for only one passenger.
- At the very least: If you would only come home.
- And nothing else or more: I only work here.
- Exclusively; solely: facts known only to us.
- In the last analysis or final outcome: actions that will only make things worse.
- With the final result; nevertheless: received a raise only to be laid off.
- As recently as: called me only last month.
- In the immediate past: only just saw her.
- Were it not that; except.
- With the restriction that; but: You may go, only be careful.
- When used as an adverb, only should be placed with care to avoid ambiguity.
- adv - with nothing or no one else