Scrabble word: DOCTOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does DOCTOR exist?
Definitions of DOCTOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a licensed medical practitioner
- noun - (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching
- noun - children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office
- verb - alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
- verb - give medical treatment to
- verb - restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- A person, especially a physician, dentist, or veterinarian, trained in the healing arts and licensed to practice.
- A person who has earned the highest academic degree awarded by a college or university in a specified discipline.
- A person awarded an honorary degree by a college or university.
- Used as a title and form of address for a person holding the degree of doctor.
- An eminent theologian.
- A rig or device contrived for remedying an emergency situation or for doing a special task.
- Any of several brightly colored artificial flies used in fly fishing.
- To give medical treatment to: “[He] does more than practice medicine.
- To repair, especially in a makeshift manner; rig.
- To falsify or change in such a way as to make favorable to oneself: doctored the evidence.
- See Synonyms at adulterate.
- To practice medicine.
- adj - to treat medically [v -ED, -ING, -S] : DOCTORLY