Scrabble word: BULWARK
In which Scrabble dictionary does BULWARK exist?
Definitions of BULWARK in dictionaries:
- noun - an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes
- noun - a fencelike structure around a deck (usually plural)
- noun - a protective structure of stone or concrete
- verb - defend with a bulwark
- A wall or embankment raised as a defensive fortification; a rampart.
- Something serving as a defense or safeguard: “We have seen the necessity of the Union, as our bulwark against foreign danger” (James Madison).
- A breakwater.
- The part of a ship’s side that is above the upper deck.
- To fortify with a wall, an embankment, or a rampart.
- All of these nouns refer literally to structures used as a defense against attack.
- verb - to fortify with a defensive wall