Is WALK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of WALK in various dictionaries:
- noun - the act of traveling by foot
- noun - (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
- noun - manner of walking
- noun - the act of walking somewhere
- noun - a path set aside for walking
- noun - a slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground
- noun - careers in general
- verb - use one's feet to advance
- verb - accompany or escort
- verb - obtain a base on balls
- verb - traverse or cover by walking
- verb - give a base on balls to
- verb - live or behave in a specified manner
- verb - be or act in association with
- verb - walk at a pace
- verb - make walk
- verb - take a walk
- To move over a surface by taking steps with the feet at a pace slower than a run: a baby learning to walk; a horse walking around a riding ring.
- To go or travel on foot: walked to the store.
- To go on foot for pleasure or exercise; stroll: walked along the beach looking for shells.
- To move in a manner suggestive of walking: saw a woodpecker walking up the tree trunk.
- To conduct oneself or behave in a particular manner; live: walks in majesty and pride.
- To appear as a supernatural being: The specter of famine walks through the land.
- To go out on strike.
- To resign from one’s job abruptly; quit.
- To go to first base after the pitcher has thrown four balls.
- To move illegally while holding the ball; travel.
- To be in constant motion.
- To go or pass over, on, or through by walking: walk the financial district of a city.
- To bring to a specified condition by walking: They walked me to exhaustion.
- To cause to walk or proceed at a walk: walk a horse uphill.
- To accompany in walking; escort on foot: walk the children home; walked me down the hall.
- To traverse on foot in order to survey or measure; pace off: walked the bounds of the property.
- To move (a heavy or cumbersome object) in a manner suggestive of walking: walked the bureau into the hall.
- To allow (a batter) to go to first base by pitching four balls.
- The gait of a human being or other biped in which the feet are lifted alternately with one part of a foot always on the ground.
- The gait of a quadruped in which at least two feet are always touching the ground, especially the gait of a horse in which the feet touch the ground in the four-beat sequence of near hind foot, near forefoot, off hind foot, off forefoot.
- The self-controlled extravehicular movement in space of an astronaut.
- The act or an instance of walking, especially a stroll for pleasure or exercise.
- The rate at which one walks; a walking pace.
- The characteristic way in which one walks.
- The distance covered or to be covered in walking.
- A place, such as a sidewalk or promenade, on which one may walk.
- A route or circuit particularly suitable for walking: one of the prettiest walks in the area.
- The act or an instance of moving illegally with the ball; traveling.
- A track event in which contestants compete in walking a specified distance.
- Race walking.
- An enclosed area designated for the exercise or pasture of livestock.
- An arrangement of trees or shrubs planted in widely spaced rows.
- The space between such rows.
- To go on strike.
- To leave suddenly, often as a signal of disapproval.
- To treat badly or contemptuously.
- To gain an easy or uncontested victory.
- To outdo, outrun, or defeat with little difficulty.
- To survive (an accident) with very little injury.
- To win easily or unexpectedly.
- To steal.
- adj - to advance on foot [v -ED, -ING, -S] : WALKABLE
There are 4 letters in WALK: A K L W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to WALK
To search all scrabble anagrams of WALK, to go: WALK?
Rearrange the letters in WALK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of WALK
What's nearby WALK
Lookup in Wiki for WALK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of WALK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: WALK"