Is SOUND valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SOUND in various dictionaries:
- noun - the particular auditory effect produced by a given cause
- noun - the subjective sensation of hearing something
- noun - mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium
- noun - the sudden occurrence of an audible event
- noun - the audible part of a transmitted signal
- noun - (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
- noun - a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water
- noun - a large ocean inlet or deep bay
- verb - appear in a certain way
- verb - make a certain noise or sound
- verb - give off a certain sound or sounds
- verb - announce by means of a sound
- verb - utter with vibrating vocal chords
- verb - cause to sound
- verb - measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
- adj - financially secure and safe
- adj - exercising or showing good judgment
- adj - in good condition
- adj - in excellent physical condition
- adj - logically valid
- adj - having legal efficacy or force
- adj - free from moral defect
- adj - (of sleep) deep and complete
- adj - thorough
- Vibrations transmitted through an elastic material or a solid, liquid, or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.
- Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.
- The sensation stimulated in the organs of hearing by such vibrations in the air or other medium.
- Such sensations considered as a group.
- A distinctive noise: a hollow sound.
- The distance over which something can be heard: within sound of my voice.
- An articulation made by the vocal apparatus: a vowel sound; a speech sound.
- The distinctive character of such an articulation: The words bear and bare have the same sound.
- A mental impression; an implication: didn’t like the sound of the invitation.
- Auditory material that is recorded, as for a movie.
- Meaningless noise.
- A distinctive style, as of an orchestra or a singer.
- Rumor; report.
- To make or give forth a sound: The siren sounded.
- To be given forth as a sound: The fanfare sounded.
- To present a particular impression: That argument sounds reasonable.
- To cause to give forth or produce a sound: sounded the gong.
- To summon, announce, or signal by a sound: sound a warning.
- To make known; celebrate: “Nations unborn your mighty names shall sound” (Alexander Pope).
- To examine (a body organ or part) by causing to emit sound; auscultate.
- To express one’s views vigorously: was always sounding off about higher taxes.
- To count cadence when marching in military formation.
- Free from defect, decay, or damage; in good condition.
- Free from disease or injury.
- Having a firm basis; unshakable: a sound foundation.
- Financially secure or safe: a sound economy.
- Free from logical flaws: sound reasoning.
- Of or relating to an argument in which all the premises are true and the conclusion follows from the premises.
- Thorough; complete: a sound flogging.
- Deep and unbroken; undisturbed: a sound sleep.
- Free from moral defect; upright.
- Worthy of confidence; trustworthy.
- Marked by or showing common sense and good judgment; levelheaded: a sound approach to the problem.
- Compatible with an accepted point of view; conservative.
- Legally valid.
- A long, wide ocean inlet.
- The air bladder of a fish.
- To measure the depth of (water), especially by means of a weighted line; fathom.
- To try to learn the attitudes or opinions of: sounded out her feelings.
- To probe (a body cavity) with a sound.
- To measure depth.
- To dive swiftly downward.
- To look into a possibility; investigate.
- adj - being in good health or condition
- verb - to make a sound (something that stimulates the auditory receptors)
There are 5 letters in SOUND: D N O S U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SOUND
To search all scrabble anagrams of SOUND, to go: SOUND?
Rearrange the letters in SOUND and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SOUND
What's nearby SOUND
Lookup in Wiki for SOUND
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SOUND, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SOUND"