Is NUMBER valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of NUMBER in various dictionaries:
- noun - the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals
- noun - a concept of quantity involving zero and units
- noun - a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- noun - the number is used in calling a particular telephone
- noun - a symbol used to represent a number
- noun - one of a series published periodically
- noun - a select company of people
- noun - a numeral or string of numerals that is used for identification
- noun - a clothing measurement
- noun - the grammatical category for the forms of nouns and pronouns and verbs that are used depending on the number of entities involved (singular or dual or plural)
- noun - an item of merchandise offered for sale
- verb - add up in number or quantity
- verb - give numbers to
- verb - enumerate
- verb - put into a group
- verb - determine the number or amount of
- verb - place a limit on the number of
- A member of the set of positive integers; one of a series of symbols of unique meaning in a fixed order that can be derived by counting.
- A member of any of the further sets of mathematical objects, such as negative integers and real numbers, that can be derived from the positive integers by induction.
- A symbol or word used to represent a number.
- A numeral or a series of numerals used for reference or identification: his telephone number; the apartment number.
- A position in an ordered sequence that corresponds to one of the positive integers: the house that is number three from the corner; ranked number six in her class.
- One item in a group or series considered to be in numerical order: an old number of a magazine.
- A total; a sum: the number of feet in a mile.
- An indefinite quantity of units or individuals: The crowd was small in number.
- A large quantity; a multitude: Numbers of people visited the fair.
- Numerical superiority: The South had leaders, the North numbers.
- The indication, as by inflection, of the singularity or plurality of a linguistic form.
- Metrical feet or lines; verses: “These numbers will I tear, and write in prose” (Shakespeare).
- Poetic meter.
- One of the separate offerings in a program of music or other entertainment: The band’s second number was a ballad.
- A frequently repeated, characteristic speech, argument, or performance: The suspects will do their usual number—protesting innocence—and then confess.
- A person or thing singled out for a particular characteristic: a suspect who was a crafty number.
- To assign a number to.
- To determine the number or amount of; count.
- To total in number or amount; add up to.
- To include in a group or category: He was numbered among the lost.
- To mention one by one; enumerate.
- To limit or restrict in number: Our days are numbered.
- To call off numbers; count: numbering to ten.
- To constitute a group or number: The applicants numbered in the thousands.
- In unison as numbers are called out by a leader: performing calisthenics by the numbers.
- To defeat, abuse, or humiliate in a calculated and thorough way.
- verb - to list or mention the units of one by one to ascertain the total
There are 6 letters in NUMBER: B E M N R U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to NUMBER
To search all scrabble anagrams of NUMBER, to go: NUMBER?
Rearrange the letters in NUMBER and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of NUMBER
What's nearby NUMBER
Lookup in Wiki for NUMBER
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of NUMBER, do not miss the additional links under "More about: NUMBER"