Scrabble word: YEOMAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does YEOMAN exist?
Definitions of YEOMAN in dictionaries:
- noun - officer in the (ceremonial) bodyguard of the British monarch
- noun - in former times was free and cultivated his own land
- An attendant, a servant, or a lesser official in a royal or noble household.
- A yeoman of the guard.
- A petty officer performing chiefly clerical duties in the U.
- An assistant or other subordinate, as of a sheriff.
- A diligent, dependable worker.
- A farmer who cultivates his own land, especially a member of a former class of small freeholding farmers in England.
- Of, relating to, or ranking as a yeoman.
- Sturdy, staunch, or workmanlike: did yeoman service.
- adj - an independent farmer [n YEOMEN] : YEOMANLY