Scrabble word: USHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does USHER exist?
Definitions of USHER in dictionaries:
- noun - Irish prelate who deduced from the Bible that Creation occurred in the year 4004 BC (1581-1656)
- noun - an official stationed at the entrance of a courtroom or legislative chamber
- noun - someone employed to conduct others
- verb - take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
- One who is employed to escort people to their seats, as in a theater, church, or stadium.
- A man who attends a bridal party at a wedding.
- One who serves as official doorkeeper, as in a courtroom or legislative chamber.
- An official whose duty is to make introductions between unacquainted persons or to precede persons of rank in a procession.
- An assistant teacher in a school.
- To serve as an usher to; escort.
- To lead or conduct.
- To serve as an usher: ushered every Sunday at church.
- verb - to conduct to a place