Scrabble word: SUBDUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUBDUE exist?
Definitions of SUBDUE in dictionaries:
- verb - put down by force or intimidation
- verb - to put down by force or authority
- verb - hold within limits and control
- verb - get on top of
- verb - make subordinate, dependent, or subservient
- verb - correct by punishment or discipline
- To conquer and subjugate; vanquish.
- To quiet or bring under control by physical force or persuasion; make tractable.
- To make less intense or prominent; tone down: Subdued my excitement about the upcoming holiday.
- To bring (land) under cultivation: Farmers subdued the arid lands of Australia.
- verb - to bring under control