Scrabble word: STRAW
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRAW exist?
Definitions of STRAW in dictionaries:
- noun - plant fiber used e.g. for making baskets and hats or as fodder
- noun - material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- noun - a variable yellow tint
- noun - a thin paper or plastic tube used to suck liquids into the mouth
- verb - cover or provide with or as if with straw
- verb - spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic)
- adj - of a pale yellow color like straw
- Stalks of threshed grain, used as bedding and food for animals, for thatching, and for weaving or braiding, as into baskets.
- A single stalk of threshed grain.
- Something, such as a hat or basket, made of straw.
- A slender tube used for sucking up a liquid.
- Something of minimal value or importance.
- Something with too little substance to provide support in a crisis: Near the end we were grasping at straws.
- Of, relating to, or made of straw: a straw mat.
- Containing or used for straw, as a barn or feeding trough.
- Of the color of straw; yellowish.
- Having little or no value or substance; unimportant.
- Of, relating to, or constituting a straw man.
- verb - to cover with straw (stalks of threshed grain)