Scrabble word: SPEAK
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPEAK exist?
Definitions of SPEAK in dictionaries:
- verb - express in speech
- verb - exchange thoughts
- verb - use language
- verb - give a speech to
- verb - make a characteristic or natural sound
- To utter words or articulate sounds with ordinary speech modulation; talk.
- To convey thoughts, opinions, or emotions orally.
- To express oneself.
- To be on speaking terms: They are no longer speaking.
- To deliver an address or a lecture: The president of NOW was to speak at the rally.
- To make a statement in writing: The biography speaks of great loneliness.
- To act as spokesperson: spoke for the entire staff.
- To convey a message by nonverbal means: Actions speak louder than words.
- To be expressive: spoke with her eyes.
- To be appealing: His poetry speaks to one’s heart.
- To make a reservation or request.
- To produce a characteristic sound: The drums spoke.
- To give off a sound on firing.
- To make communicative sounds.
- To give an indication or a suggestion: His manners spoke of good upbringing.
- To articulate in a speaking voice: spoke words of wisdom.
- To converse in or be able to converse in (a language): speaks German.
- To express aloud; tell: speak the truth.
- To express in writing.
- To hail and communicate with (another vessel) at sea.
- To convey by nonverbal means: His eyes spoke volumes.
- To speak loud enough to be audible.
- These verbs mean to express one’s thoughts by uttering words.
- verb - to utter words