Scrabble word: SHROUD
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHROUD exist?
Definitions of SHROUD in dictionaries:
- noun - a line that suspends the harness from the canopy of a parachute
- noun - (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- noun - burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
- verb - cover as if with a shroud
- verb - form a cover like a shroud
- verb - wrap in a shroud
- A cloth used to wrap a body for burial; a winding sheet.
- Something that conceals, protects, or screens: under a shroud of fog.
- One of a set of ropes or wire cables stretched from the masthead to the sides of a vessel to support the mast.
- A similar supporting line for a smokestack or comparable structure.
- One of the ropes connecting the harness and the canopy of a parachute.
- To wrap (a corpse) in burial clothing.
- To shut off from sight; screen.
- To shelter; protect.
- verb - to wrap in burial clothing