Scrabble word: SETTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SETTLE exist?
Definitions of SETTLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a long wooden bench with a back
- verb - settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground
- verb - bring to an end
- verb - settle conclusively
- verb - take up residence and become established
- verb - come to terms
- verb - go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- verb - become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- verb - become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet
- verb - establish or develop as a residence
- verb - come to rest
- verb - arrange or fix in the desired order
- verb - accept despite lack of complete satisfaction
- verb - end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement
- verb - dispose of
- verb - become clear by the sinking of particles
- verb - cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids)
- verb - sink down or precipitate
- verb - fix firmly
- verb - get one's revenge for a wrong or an injury
- verb - make final
- verb - form a community
- verb - come as if by falling
- To put into order; arrange or fix definitely as desired.
- To put firmly into a desired position or place; establish.
- To establish as a resident or residents: settled her family in Ohio.
- To establish residence in; colonize: Pioneers settled the West.
- To establish in a residence, business, or profession.
- To restore calmness or comfort to.
- To cause to sink, become compact, or come to rest.
- To cause (a liquid) to become clear by forming a sediment.
- To subdue or make orderly.
- To establish on a permanent basis; stabilize.
- To make compensation for (a claim).
- To pay (a debt).
- To conclude (a dispute, for example) by a final decision.
- To decide (a lawsuit) by mutual agreement of the involved parties without court action.
- To secure or assign (property or title) by legal action.
- To discontinue moving and come to rest in one place.
- To move downward; sink or descend, especially gradually: Darkness settled over the fields.
- To become clear by the sinking of suspended particles.
- To be separated from a solution or mixture as a sediment.
- To become compact by sinking, as sediment when stirred up.
- To establish one’s residence: settled in Canada.
- To become established or localized: The cold settled in my chest.
- To provide compensation for a claim.
- A long wooden bench with a high back, often including storage space beneath the seat.
- To begin living a stable and orderly life: He settled down as a farmer with a family.
- To become less nervous or restless.
- verb - to place in a desired state or order
There are 6 letters in SETTLE: E E L S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SETTLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SETTLE plus a wildcard: SETTLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SETTLE
Images for SETTLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.