Scrabble word: SENTENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SENTENCE exist?
Definitions of SENTENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language
- noun - (criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed
- noun - the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
- verb - pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law
- A grammatical unit that is syntactically independent and has a subject that is expressed or, as in imperative sentences, understood and a predicate that contains at least one finite verb.
- A court judgment, especially a judicial decision of the punishment to be inflicted on one adjudged guilty.
- The penalty meted out.
- A maxim.
- An opinion, especially one given formally after deliberation.
- verb - to declare judicially the extent of punishment to be imposed