Scrabble word: SAVORY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAVORY exist?
Definitions of SAVORY in dictionaries:
- noun - any of several aromatic herbs or subshrubs of the genus Satureja having spikes of flowers attractive to bees
- noun - dwarf aromatic shrub of Mediterranean regions
- noun - either of two aromatic herbs of the mint family
- noun - an aromatic or spicy dish served at the end of dinner or as an hors d'oeuvre
- adj - morally wholesome or acceptable
- adj - having an agreeably pungent taste
- adj - pleasing to the sense of taste
- Appetizing to the taste or smell: a savory stew.
- Piquant, pungent, or salty to the taste; not sweet.
- Morally respectable; inoffensive: a past that was scarcely savory.
- An annual Mediterranean aromatic herb (Satureja hortensis) of the mint family, having flowers with a pale lavender to white corolla.
- A related Mediterranean aromatic herb (Satureja montana) having flowers in a long, white or pink corolla.
- The leaves of either of these plants, used as seasoning.
- Any of several plants of the genus Micromeria in the mint family.
- adv - pleasant to the taste or smell [adj -VORIER, -VORIEST] : SAVORILY
- noun - a savory dish served before or after a meal