Scrabble word: RUFFLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RUFFLE exist?
Definitions of RUFFLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
- noun - a high tight collar
- noun - a noisy fight
- verb - stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- verb - trouble or vex
- verb - to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others
- verb - discompose
- verb - twitch or flutter
- verb - mix so as to make a random order or arrangement
- verb - erect or fluff up
- verb - disturb the smoothness of
- verb - pleat or gather into a ruffle
- A strip of frilled or closely pleated fabric used for trimming or decoration.
- A ruff on a bird.
- A ruckus or fray.
- Annoyance; vexation.
- An irregularity or a slight disturbance of a surface.
- To disturb the smoothness or regularity of; ripple.
- To pleat or gather (fabric) into a ruffle.
- To erect (the feathers).
- To discompose; fluster: a book that is bound to ruffle some people.
- To flip through (the pages of a book).
- To shuffle (cards).
- To become irregular or rough.
- To flutter.
- To become flustered.
- A low continuous beating of a drum that is not as loud as a roll.
- verb - to destroy the smoothness of