Scrabble word: LUFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does LUFF exist?
Definitions of LUFF in dictionaries:
- noun - (nautical) the forward edge of a fore-and-aft sail that is next to the mast
- noun - the act of sailing close to the wind
- verb - sail close to the wind
- verb - flap when the wind is blowing equally on both sides
- The act of sailing closer into the wind.
- The forward side of a fore-and-aft sail.
- The fullest part of the bow of a ship.
- To steer a sailing vessel closer into the wind, especially with the sails flapping.
- To flap while losing wind.
- To sail (a vessel, such as a yacht) closer into the wind during a race so as to prevent an opponent’s craft from passing on the windward side.
- To raise or lower (the boom of a crane or derrick).
- verb - to steer a sailing vessel nearer into the wind