Scrabble word: ORBIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ORBIT exist?
Definitions of ORBIT in dictionaries:
- noun - the (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another
- noun - a particular environment or walk of life
- noun - an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
- noun - the path of an electron around the nucleus of an atom
- noun - the bony cavity in the skull containing the eyeball
- verb - move in an orbit
- The path of a celestial body or an artificial satellite as it revolves around another body.
- One complete revolution of such a body.
- The path of a body in a field of force surrounding another body; for example, the movement of an atomic electron in relation to a nucleus.
- A range of activity, experience, or knowledge.
- A range of control or influence: “What magnetism drew these quaking ruined creatures into his orbit?” (Malcolm Lowry).
- Either of two bony cavities in the skull containing an eye and its external structures; an eye socket.
- To put into an orbit: orbit a satellite.
- To move in an orbit.
- verb - to move or revolve around