Scrabble word: NURSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NURSE exist?
Definitions of NURSE in dictionaries:
- noun - one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- noun - a woman who is the custodian of children
- verb - try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
- verb - maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- verb - serve as a nurse
- verb - treat carefully
- verb - give suck to
- A person educated and trained to care for the sick or disabled.
- A woman employed to suckle children other than her own; a wet nurse.
- A woman employed to take care of a child; a nursemaid.
- One that serves as a nurturing or fostering influence or means: “Town life is the nurse of civilization” (C.
- A worker ant or bee that feeds and cares for the colony’s young.
- To serve as a nurse for: nursed the patient back to health.
- To feed at the breast; suckle.
- To try to cure by special care or treatment: nurse a cough with various remedies.
- To treat carefully, especially in order to prevent pain: He nursed his injured knee by shifting his weight to the other leg.
- See Synonyms at nurture.
- To bear privately in the mind: nursing a grudge.
- To consume slowly, especially in order to conserve: nursed one drink for the whole evening.
- To serve as a nurse.
- To take nourishment from the breast; suckle.
- verb - to care for the sick or infirm