Scrabble word: NURSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NURSE exist?
Definitions of NURSE in dictionaries:
- noun - one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- noun - a woman who is the custodian of children
- verb - try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
- verb - maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- verb - serve as a nurse
- verb - treat carefully
- verb - give suck to
- A person educated and trained to care for the sick or disabled.
- A woman employed to suckle children other than her own; a wet nurse.
- A woman employed to take care of a child; a nursemaid.
- One that serves as a nurturing or fostering influence or means: “Town life is the nurse of civilization” (C.
- A worker ant or bee that feeds and cares for the colony’s young.
- To serve as a nurse for: nursed the patient back to health.
- To feed at the breast; suckle.
- To try to cure by special care or treatment: nurse a cough with various remedies.
- To treat carefully, especially in order to prevent pain: He nursed his injured knee by shifting his weight to the other leg.
- See Synonyms at nurture.
- To bear privately in the mind: nursing a grudge.
- To consume slowly, especially in order to conserve: nursed one drink for the whole evening.
- To serve as a nurse.
- To take nourishment from the breast; suckle.
- verb - to care for the sick or infirm
There are 5 letters in NURSE: E N R S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to NURSE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word NURSE plus a wildcard: NURSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word NURSE
Images for NURSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.