Scrabble word: LEGEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEGEND exist?
Definitions of LEGEND in dictionaries:
- noun - a story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
- noun - brief description accompanying an illustration
- An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
- A body or collection of such stories.
- A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.
- One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.
- An inscription or a title on an object, such as a coin.
- An explanatory caption accompanying an illustration.
- The words legend and legendary have come to be used in recent years to refer to any person or achievement whose fame promises to be particularly enduring, even if its renown is created more by the media than by oral tradition.
- noun - an unverified story from earlier times