Scrabble word: JUSTIFY
In which Scrabble dictionary does JUSTIFY exist?
Definitions of JUSTIFY in dictionaries:
- verb - show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for
- verb - show to be right by providing justification or proof
- verb - defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
- verb - let off the hook
- verb - adjust the spaces between words
- To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified each budgetary expense as necessary; anger that is justified by the circumstances.
- To declare free of blame; absolve.
- To free (a human being) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin.
- To demonstrate sufficient legal reason for (an action taken).
- To prove to be qualified as a bondsman.
- To adjust the spacing within (lines in a document, for example), so that the lines end evenly at a straight margin.
- verb - to show to be just, right, or valid