Scrabble word: GAMBIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAMBIT exist?
Definitions of GAMBIT in dictionaries:
- noun - an opening remark intended to secure an advantage for the speaker
- noun - a maneuver in a game or conversation
- noun - a chess move early in the game in which the player sacrifices minor pieces in order to obtain an advantageous position
- An opening in chess in which a minor piece, or pieces, usually a pawn, is offered in exchange for a favorable position.
- A maneuver, stratagem, or ploy, especially one used at an initial stage.
- Critics familiar with the nature of chess gambits have sometimes maintained that the word should not be used in an extended sense except to refer to maneuvers that involve the tactical sacrifice of some advantage.
- noun - a type of chess opening
There are 6 letters in GAMBIT: A B G I M T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GAMBIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GAMBIT plus a wildcard: GAMBIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GAMBIT
Images for GAMBIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.