Scrabble word: EPITHET
In which Scrabble dictionary does EPITHET exist?
Definitions of EPITHET in dictionaries:
- noun - a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- noun - descriptive word or phrase
- A term used to characterize a person or thing, such as rosy-fingered in rosy-fingered dawn or the Great in Catherine the Great.
- A term used as a descriptive substitute for the name or title of a person, such as The Great Emancipator for Abraham Lincoln.
- An abusive or contemptuous word or phrase.
- A word in the scientific name of an animal or a plant following the name of the genus and denoting a species, variety, or other division of the genus, as sativa in Lactuca sativa.
- noun - a term used to characterize a person or thing