Scrabble word: EMBRYO
In which Scrabble dictionary does EMBRYO exist?
Definitions of EMBRYO in dictionaries:
- noun - (botany) a minute rudimentary plant contained within a seed or an archegonium
- noun - an animal organism in the early stages of growth and differentiation that in higher forms merge into fetal stages but in lower forms terminate in commencement of larval life
- An organism in its early stages of development, especially before it has reached a distinctively recognizable form.
- An organism at any time before full development, birth, or hatching.
- The fertilized egg of a vertebrate animal following cleavage.
- In human beings, the prefetal product of conception from implantation through the eighth week of development.
- The minute, rudimentary plant contained within a seed or an archegonium.
- A rudimentary or beginning stage: “To its founding fathers, the European [Economic] Community was the embryo of the United States of Europe” (Economist).
- noun - an organism in its early stages of development