Scrabble word: BASE
Is BASE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of BASE in dictionaries:
- noun - installation from which a military force initiates operations
- noun - lowest support of a structure
- noun - a place that the runner must touch before scoring
- noun - the bottom or lowest part
- noun - (anatomy) the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment
- noun - a lower limit
- noun - the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained
- noun - a support or foundation
- noun - a phosphoric ester of a nucleoside
- noun - any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water
- noun - the bottom side of a geometric figure from which the altitude can be constructed
- noun - the most important or necessary part of something
- noun - (numeration system) the positive integer that is equivalent to one in the next higher counting place
- noun - the place where you are stationed and from which missions start and end
- noun - a terrorist network intensely opposed to the United States that dispenses money and logistical support and training to a wide variety of radical Islamic terrorist groups
- noun - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- noun - the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area
- noun - the principal ingredient of a mixture
- noun - a flat bottom on which something is intended to sit
- noun - (electronics) the part of a transistor that separates the emitter from the collector
- verb - use as a basis for
- verb - situate as a center of operations
- verb - use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes
- adj - serving as or forming a base
- adj - of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense)
- adj - (used of metals) consisting of or alloyed with inferior metal
- adj - not adhering to ethical or moral principles
- adj - having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality
- adj - illegitimate
- adj - debased
- The lowest or bottom part: the base of a cliff; the base of a lamp.
- The part of an animal or plant organ nearest its point of attachment.
- A supporting part or layer; a foundation: a skyscraper built on a base of solid rock.
- A basic or underlying element; infrastructure: the nation’s industrial base.
- The fundamental principle or underlying concept of a system or theory; a basis.
- A fundamental ingredient; a chief constituent: a paint with an oil base.
- The fact, observation, or premise from which a reasoning process is begun.
- A starting point, safety area, or goal.
- Any one of the four corners of an infield, marked by a bag or plate, that must be touched by a runner before a run can be scored.
- A center of organization, supply, or activity; a headquarters.
- A fortified center of operations.
- A supply center for a large force of military personnel.
- The lower part of a shield.
- A morpheme or morphemes regarded as a form to which affixes or other bases may be added.
- The side or face of a geometric figure to which an altitude is or is thought to be drawn.
- The number that is raised to various powers to generate the principal counting units of a number system.
- The number raised to the logarithm of a designated number in order to produce that designated number.
- A line used as a reference for measurement or computations.
- Any of a large class of compounds, including the hydroxides and oxides of metals, having a bitter taste, a slippery solution, the ability to turn litmus blue, and the ability to react with acids to form salts.
- A molecular or ionic substance capable of combining with a proton to form a new substance.
- A substance that provides a pair of electrons for a covalent bond with an acid.
- The region in a transistor between the emitter and the collector.
- The electrode attached to this region.
- One of the purines (adenine and guanine) or pyrimidines (cystosine, thymine, and uracil) that occurs attached to the sugar component of DNA or RNA.
- Forming or serving as a base: a base layer of soil.
- Situated at or near the base or bottom: a base camp for the mountain climbers.
- To form or provide a base for: based the new company in Portland.
- To find a basis for; establish: based her conclusions on the report; a film based on a best-selling novel.
- These nouns all pertain to what underlies and supports.
- Having or showing a contemptible, mean-spirited, or selfish lack of human decency.
- Devoid of high values or ethics: a base, degrading way of life.
- Inferior in value or quality.
- Containing inferior substances: a base metal.
- Of low birth, rank, or position.
- Short in stature.
- adj - morally low
There are 4 letters in BASE: A B E S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BASE
Click to search all anagrams of BASE plus a wildcard: BASE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BASE
Images for BASE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.