Scrabble word: ANALOGY
Is ANALOGY valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of ANALOGY in dictionaries:
- noun - an inference that if things agree in some respects they probably agree in others
- noun - drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect
- noun - the religious belief that between creature and creator no similarity can be found so great but that the dissimilarity is always greater
- Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
- A comparison based on such similarity.
- Correspondence in function or position between organs of dissimilar evolutionary origin or structure.
- A form of logical inference or an instance of it, based on the assumption that if two things are known to be alike in some respects, then they must be alike in other respects.
- The process by which words and morphemes are re-formed or created on the model of existing grammatical patterns in a language, as Modern English name : names for Old English nama : naman on the model of nouns like stone : stones.
- The process by which inflectional paradigms are made more regular by the replacement of an uncommon or irregular stem or affix by one that is common or regular, as bit in Modern English bit, bitten for Old English b7t, biten.
- noun - resemblance in some respects between things otherwise unlike
There are 7 letters in ANALOGY: A A G L N O Y
Click to search all anagrams of ANALOGY plus a wildcard: ANALOGY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ANALOGY
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ANALOGY
Lookup in Wiki for ANALOGY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.