Scrabble word: ABSORB
In which Scrabble dictionary does ABSORB exist?
Definitions of ABSORB in dictionaries:
- verb - become imbued
- verb - take up mentally
- verb - take up, as of debts or payments
- verb - take in, also metaphorically
- verb - cause to become one with
- verb - suck or take up or in
- verb - devote (oneself) fully to
- verb - assimilate or take in
- verb - consume all of one's attention or time
- To take (something) in through or as through pores or interstices.
- To occupy the full attention, interest, or time of; engross.
- To retain (radiation or sound, for example) wholly, without reflection or transmission.
- To take in; assimilate: immigrants who were absorbed into the social mainstream.
- To receive (an impulse) without echo or recoil: a fabric that absorbs sound; a bumper that absorbs impact.
- To take over (a cost or costs).
- To endure; accommodate: couldn’t absorb the additional hardships.
- verb - to take up or in