Is TONE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of TONE in various dictionaries:
- noun - the quality of a person's voice
- noun - (linguistics) a pitch or change in pitch of the voice that serves to distinguish words in tonal languages
- noun - (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound)
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun - a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color
- noun - a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound
- noun - a steady sound without overtones
- noun - the elastic tension of living muscles, arteries, etc. that facilitate response to stimuli
- noun - a musical interval of two semitones
- noun - the quality of something (an act or a piece of writing) that reveals the attitudes and presuppositions of the author
- verb - utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically
- verb - vary the pitch of one's speech
- verb - change the color or tone of
- verb - change to a color image
- verb - give a healthy elasticity to
- A sound of distinct pitch, quality, and duration; a note.
- The interval of a major second in the diatonic scale; a whole step.
- A recitational melody in a Gregorian chant.
- The quality or character of sound.
- The characteristic quality or timbre of a particular instrument or voice.
- The pitch of a word used to determine its meaning or to distinguish differences in meaning.
- The particular or relative pitch of a word, phrase, or sentence.
- Manner of expression in speech or writing: took an angry tone with the reporters.
- A general quality, effect, or atmosphere: a room with an elegant tone.
- A color or shade of color: light tones of blue.
- Quality of color: The green wallpaper had a particularly somber tone.
- The general effect in painting of light, color, and shade.
- The normal state of elastic tension or partial contraction in resting muscles.
- Normal firmness of a tissue or an organ.
- To give a particular tone or inflection to.
- To soften or change the color of (a painting or photographic negative, for example).
- To sound monotonously; intone.
- To assume a particular color quality.
- To harmonize in color.
- verb - to give a particular tone (a sound of definite pitch and vibration) to
There are 4 letters in TONE: E N O T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to TONE
To search all scrabble anagrams of TONE, to go: TONE?
Rearrange the letters in TONE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of TONE
What's nearby TONE
Lookup in Wiki for TONE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of TONE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: TONE"