Is SHOT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SHOT in various dictionaries:
- noun - the act of firing a projectile
- noun - a solid missile discharged from a firearm
- noun - (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand
- noun - a chance to do something
- noun - a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot)
- noun - a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
- noun - the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe
- noun - a small drink of liquor
- noun - an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- noun - an estimate based on little or no information
- noun - an informal photograph
- noun - sports equipment consisting of a heavy metal ball used in the shot put
- noun - an explosive charge used in blasting
- noun - a blow hard enough to cause injury
- noun - an attempt to score in a game
- noun - informal words for any attempt or effort
- noun - the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination
- verb - hit with a missile from a weapon
- verb - kill by firing a missile
- verb - fire a shot
- verb - make a film or photograph of something
- verb - send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly
- verb - run or move very quickly or hastily
- verb - move quickly and violently
- verb - throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective
- verb - record on photographic film
- verb - emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully
- verb - cause a sharp and sudden pain in
- verb - force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing
- verb - variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors
- verb - throw dice, as in a crap game
- verb - spend frivolously and unwisely
- verb - score
- verb - utter fast and forcefully
- verb - measure the altitude of by using a sextant
- verb - produce buds, branches, or germinate
- verb - give an injection to
- adj - varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles
- The firing or discharge of a weapon, such as a gun.
- The distance over which something is shot; the range.
- An attempt to hit a target with a projectile: His shot at the bear missed by inches.
- An attempt to reach a target with a rocket: a moon shot.
- An attempt to score in a game, as in soccer or hockey.
- A home run.
- Sports & Games.
- The flight or path of a projectile in a game.
- A stroke in a game, as in golf or billiards.
- A pointed or critical remark.
- An attempt; a try: took a shot at losing weight.
- A guess.
- An opportunity: gave him a fair shot at the part in the play.
- A chance at odds; something to bet on: The horse was a four-to-one shot.
- A solid projectile designed to be discharged from a firearm or cannon.
- One of these pellets.
- The heavy metal ball that is put for distance in the shot put.
- One who shoots in a particular way: a good shot with the rifle and the bow.
- A charge of explosives used in blasting mine shafts.
- A detonation of an explosive charge.
- A photographic view or exposure: got a good shot of that last model.
- A developed photographic image.
- A single cinematic view or take.
- A hypodermic injection.
- A small amount given or applied at one time: a shot of oxygen.
- A drink, especially a jigger of liquor.
- An amount to be paid, as for drinks; a bill.
- A length of chain equal to 15 fathoms (90 feet) in the United States and 122 fathoms (75 feet) in Great Britain.
- A wild, unsubstantiated guess.
- An attempt that has little chance of succeeding.
- Of changeable or variegated color; iridescent.
- Streaked or flecked with or as if with yarn of a different color: a blue suit shot with purple; a forest glade that was shot with sunlight.
- Interspersed or permeated with a distinctive quality: Her apology was shot with irony.
- Worn-out; ruined.
- verb - to load with shot (small lead or steel pellets)
There are 4 letters in SHOT: H O S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SHOT
To search all scrabble anagrams of SHOT, to go: SHOT?
Rearrange the letters in SHOT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SHOT
What's nearby SHOT
Lookup in Wiki for SHOT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SHOT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SHOT"