Is SHORT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SHORT in various dictionaries:
- noun - the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- noun - accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- noun - the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
- verb - cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- verb - create a short circuit in
- adj - primarily temporal sense
- adj - (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length
- adj - low in stature
- adj - not sufficient to meet a need
- adj - (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range
- adj - not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices
- adj - of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration
- adj - less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
- adj - lacking foresight or scope
- adj - tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening
- adj - marked by rude or peremptory shortness
- adv - quickly and without warning
- adv - without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold
- adv - clean across
- adv - at some point or distance before a goal is reached
- adv - so as to interrupt
- adv - at a disadvantage
- adv - in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
- Having little length; not long.
- Having little height; not tall.
- Extending not far or not far enough: a short toss.
- Lasting a brief time: a short holiday.
- Appearing to pass quickly: finished the job in a few short months.
- Not lengthy; succinct: short and to the point.
- Rudely brief; abrupt.
- Easily provoked; irascible.
- Inadequate; insufficient: oil in short supply; were short on experience.
- Lacking in length or amount: a board that is short two inches.
- Lacking in breadth or scope: a short view of the problem.
- Deficient in retentiveness: a short memory.
- Not owning the stocks or commodities one is selling in anticipation of a fall in prices.
- Of or relating to a short sale.
- Containing a large amount of shortening; flaky: a short pie crust.
- Not ductile; brittle: short iron.
- Of, relating to, or being a speech sound of relatively brief duration, as the first vowel sound in the Latin word m4lus, “evil,” as compared with the same or a similar sound of relatively long duration, as the first vowel sound in the Latin word m7lus, “apple tree.
- Of, relating to, or being a pronunciation of vowel sounds, as the pronunciation (4) in pat, (H) in pet, (V) in pit, (m) in pot, () in putt, and (t) in put.
- Historically descended from a vowel of brief duration.
- Unstressed; unaccented.
- Being of relatively brief duration.
- Abruptly; quickly: stop short.
- In a rude or curt manner.
- At a point before a given limit or goal: a missile that landed short of the target.
- At a disadvantage: We were caught short by the sudden storm.
- Without owning what one is selling: selling a commodity short.
- A briefly articulated speech sound or syllable.
- A brief film; a short subject.
- A size of clothing less long than the average for that size.
- A short sale.
- One that sells short.
- A short circuit.
- A malfunction caused by a short circuit.
- A shortstop.
- To cause a short circuit in.
- To give (one) less than one is entitled to; shortchange.
- To sell (a stock that one does not own) in anticipation of making a profit when its price falls; make a short sale.
- To short-circuit.
- Having an inadequate supply of: We’re short of cash.
- Less than: Nothing short of her best effort was required to make the team.
- Other than; without resorting to: Short of yelling at him, I had no other way to catch his attention.
- Not quite willing to undertake or do; just this side of: She stopped short of throwing out the old photo.
- adj - having little length
- verb - to cause a type of electrical malfunction in
There are 5 letters in SHORT: H O R S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SHORT
To search all scrabble anagrams of SHORT, to go: SHORT?
Rearrange the letters in SHORT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SHORT
What's nearby SHORT
Lookup in Wiki for SHORT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SHORT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SHORT"