Scrabble word: TOUGH
In which Scrabble dictionary does TOUGH exist?
Definitions of TOUGH in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing
- noun - an aggressive and violent young criminal
- noun - a cruel and brutal fellow
- adj - not given to gentleness or sentimentality
- adj - very difficult
- adj - physically toughened
- adj - substantially made or constructed
- adj - violent and lawless
- adj - feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
- adj - resistant to cutting or chewing
- adj - unfortunate or hard to bear
- adj - making great mental demands
- Able to withstand great strain without tearing or breaking; strong and resilient: a tough all-weather fabric.
- Hard to cut or chew: tough meat.
- Severe; harsh: a tough winter.
- Aggressive; pugnacious.
- Inclined to violent or disruptive behavior; rowdy or rough: a tough street group.
- Demanding or troubling; difficult: skipping the toughest questions.
- Strong-minded; resolute: a tough negotiator.
- Unfortunate; too bad: a tough break.
- Fine; great.
- adj - strong and resilient
- verb - to endure hardship