Scrabble word: OUGHT
Is OUGHT valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of OUGHT in dictionaries:
- Used to indicate obligation or duty: You ought to work harder than that.
- Used to indicate advisability or prudence: You ought to wear a raincoat.
- Used to indicate desirability: You ought to have been there; it was great fun.
- In questions and negative sentences, especially those with contractions, to is also sometimes omitted: Oughtn’t we be going soon? Although the omission of to was formerly possible in English, it is now considered nonstandard.
- verb - to be under obligation to pay or repay
There are 5 letters in OUGHT: G H O T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OUGHT
Click to search all anagrams of OUGHT plus a wildcard: OUGHT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OUGHT
Images for OUGHT
Lookup in Wiki for OUGHT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.