Scrabble word: SUTURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUTURE exist?
Definitions of SUTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - an immovable joint (especially between the bones of the skull)
- noun - a seam used in surgery
- noun - thread of catgut or silk or wire used by surgeons to stitch tissues together
- verb - join with a suture
- The process of joining two surfaces or edges together along a line by or as if by sewing.
- The material, such as thread, gut, or wire, that is used in this procedure.
- The line so formed.
- The fine thread or other material used surgically to close a wound or join tissues.
- The surgical method used to close a wound or join tissues.
- The line of junction or an immovable joint between two bones, especially of the skull.
- A seamlike joint or line of articulation, such as the line of dehiscence in a dry fruit or the spiral seam marking the junction of whorls of a gastropod shell.
- verb - to unite by sewing