Scrabble word: SPARK
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPARK exist?
Definitions of SPARK in dictionaries:
- noun - a momentary flash of light
- noun - merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
- noun - electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- noun - a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger
- noun - Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
- noun - a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- verb - put in motion or move to act
- verb - emit or produce sparks
- One thrown off from a burning substance.
- One resulting from friction.
- One remaining in an otherwise extinguished fire; an ember.
- A glistening particle, as of metal.
- A flash of light, especially a flash produced by electric discharge.
- A short pulse or flow of electric current.
- A quality or feeling with latent potential; a seed or germ: the spark of genius.
- A radio operator aboard a ship.
- The luminous phenomenon resulting from a disruptive discharge through an insulating material.
- The discharge itself.
- To give off sparks.
- To give an enthusiastic response.
- To operate correctly.
- To set in motion; activate: The incident sparked a controversy.
- To rouse to action; spur: A cheering crowd sparked the runner to triumph.
- An elegantly dressed, highly self-conscious young man.
- To court or woo.
- verb - to give off sparks (small fiery particles)