Scrabble word: SLUICE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLUICE exist?
Definitions of SLUICE in dictionaries:
- noun - conduit that carries a rapid flow of water controlled by a sluicegate
- verb - pour as if from a sluice
- verb - irrigate with water from a sluice
- verb - transport in or send down a sluice
- verb - draw through a sluice
- An artificial channel for conducting water, with a valve or gate to regulate the flow: sluices connecting a reservoir with irrigated fields.
- A valve or gate used in such a channel; a floodgate: open sluices to flood a dry dock.
- A body of water impounded behind a floodgate.
- A sluiceway.
- A long inclined trough, as for carrying logs or separating gold ore.
- To flood or drench with or as if with a flow of released water.
- To wash with water flowing in a sluice: sluicing sediment for gold.
- To draw off or let out by a sluice: sluice floodwater.
- To flow out from or as if from a sluice.
- verb - to wash with a sudden flow of water