Scrabble word: SLAM
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLAM exist?
Definitions of SLAM in dictionaries:
- noun - winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- noun - the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
- noun - a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
- noun - an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- verb - close violently
- verb - strike violently
- verb - dance the slam dance
- verb - throw violently
- To shut with force and loud noise: slammed the door.
- To put, throw, or otherwise forcefully move so as to produce a loud noise: slammed the book on the desk.
- To hit or strike with great force.
- To criticize harshly; censure forcefully.
- To close or swing into place with force so as to produce a loud noise.
- To hit something with force; crash: slammed into a truck.
- A forceful impact that makes a loud noise.
- A noise so produced.
- An act of shutting forcefully and loudly: the slam of a door.
- A harsh or devastating criticism.
- The winning of all the tricks or all but one during the play of one hand in bridge and other whist-derived card games.
- verb - to shut forcibly and noisily