Scrabble word: SELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SELL exist?
Definitions of SELL in dictionaries:
- noun - the activity of persuading someone to buy
- verb - exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent
- verb - be sold at a certain price or in a certain way
- verb - persuade somebody to accept something
- verb - do business
- verb - give up for a price or reward
- verb - be approved of or gain acceptance
- verb - be responsible for the sale of
- verb - deliver to an enemy by treachery
- To exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent.
- To offer for sale, as for one’s business or livelihood: The partners sell textiles.
- To give up or surrender in exchange for a price or reward: sell one’s soul to the devil.
- To be responsible for the sale of; promote successfully: Publicity sold that product.
- To persuade (another) to recognize the worth or desirability of: They sold me on the idea.
- To exchange ownership for money or its equivalent; engage in selling.
- To be sold or be on sale: Grapes are selling high this season.
- To attract prospective buyers; be popular on the market: an item that sells well.
- To be approved of; gain acceptance.
- The activity of selling.
- An instance of selling: “The political sell isn’t ordinary marketing” (Brad Edmondson).
- An item that sells in a particular way: a book that turned out to be a difficult sell.
- To put all of one’s goods or possessions up for sale.
- To betray one’s cause or colleagues: He sold out to the other side.
- To contract for the sale of securities or commodities one expects to own at a later date and at more advantageous terms.
- To underestimate the true value or worth of: Don’t sell your colleague short; she’s a smart lawyer.
- adj - to give up to another for money or other valuable consideration [v SOLD, SELLING, SELLS] : SELLABLE