Scrabble word: SELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SELL exist?
Definitions of SELL in dictionaries:
- noun - the activity of persuading someone to buy
- verb - exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent
- verb - be sold at a certain price or in a certain way
- verb - persuade somebody to accept something
- verb - do business
- verb - give up for a price or reward
- verb - be approved of or gain acceptance
- verb - be responsible for the sale of
- verb - deliver to an enemy by treachery
- To exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent.
- To offer for sale, as for one’s business or livelihood: The partners sell textiles.
- To give up or surrender in exchange for a price or reward: sell one’s soul to the devil.
- To be responsible for the sale of; promote successfully: Publicity sold that product.
- To persuade (another) to recognize the worth or desirability of: They sold me on the idea.
- To exchange ownership for money or its equivalent; engage in selling.
- To be sold or be on sale: Grapes are selling high this season.
- To attract prospective buyers; be popular on the market: an item that sells well.
- To be approved of; gain acceptance.
- The activity of selling.
- An instance of selling: “The political sell isn’t ordinary marketing” (Brad Edmondson).
- An item that sells in a particular way: a book that turned out to be a difficult sell.
- To put all of one’s goods or possessions up for sale.
- To betray one’s cause or colleagues: He sold out to the other side.
- To contract for the sale of securities or commodities one expects to own at a later date and at more advantageous terms.
- To underestimate the true value or worth of: Don’t sell your colleague short; she’s a smart lawyer.
- adj - to give up to another for money or other valuable consideration [v SOLD, SELLING, SELLS] : SELLABLE
There are 4 letters in SELL: E L L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SELL plus a wildcard: SELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SELL
Images for SELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.