Scrabble word: SHELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHELL exist?
Definitions of SHELL in dictionaries:
- noun - ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile
- noun - the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
- noun - hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
- noun - the hard usually fibrous outer layer of some fruits especially nuts
- noun - the exterior covering of a bird's egg
- noun - a rigid covering that envelops an object
- noun - a very light narrow racing boat
- noun - the housing or outer covering of something
- noun - a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- noun - the hard largely calcareous covering of a mollusc or a brachiopod
- verb - use explosives on
- verb - create by using explosives
- verb - fall out of the pod or husk
- verb - hit the pitches of hard and regularly
- verb - look for and collect shells by the seashore
- verb - come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
- verb - remove from its shell or outer covering
- verb - remove the husks from
- The usually hard outer covering that encases certain organisms, such as mollusks, insects, and turtles; the carapace.
- A similar outer covering on an egg, a fruit, or a nut.
- The material that constitutes such a covering.
- An external, usually hard, protective or enclosing case or cover.
- A framework or an exterior, as of a building.
- A thin layer of pastry.
- The external part of the ear.
- The hull of a ship.
- A long, narrow racing boat propelled by rowers.
- A small glass for beer.
- A projectile or piece of ammunition, especially the hollow tube containing explosives used to propel such a projectile.
- A metal or cardboard case containing the charge, primer, and shot fired from a shotgun.
- An attitude or a manner adopted to mask one’s true feelings.
- Any of the set of hypothetical spherical surfaces centered on the nucleus of an atom that contain the orbitals of electrons having the same principal quantum number.
- An analogous pattern of protons and neutrons within a nucleus.
- A usually sleeveless and collarless, typically knit blouse.
- The outermost layer of a lined garment such as a coat or jacket: a parka with a waterproof shell.
- A program that works with the operating system as a command processor, used to enter commands and initiate their execution.
- To remove the shell of; shuck: shell oysters.
- To remove from a shell: shell peas.
- To separate the kernels of (corn) from the cob.
- To fire shells at; bombard.
- To defeat decisively.
- To hit the pitches of (a pitcher) hard and with regularity: shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning.
- To shed or become free of a shell.
- To hand over; pay: had to shell out $500 in car repairs.
- verb - to divest of a shell (a hard outer covering)
There are 5 letters in SHELL: E H L L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHELL plus a wildcard: SHELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHELL
Images for SHELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.