Scrabble word: HELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does HELL exist?
Definitions of HELL in dictionaries:
- noun - any place of pain and turmoil
- noun - a cause of difficulty and suffering
- noun - (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil
- noun - (religion) the world of the dead
- noun - violent and excited activity
- noun - noisy and unrestrained mischief
- Often Hell.
- A state of separation from God.
- Mortal belief; sin or error.
- A situation or place of evil, misery, discord, or destruction: “War is hell” (William Tecumseh Sherman).
- Torment; anguish: went through hell on the job.
- The powers of darkness and evil.
- One that causes trouble, agony, or annoyance: The boss is hell when a job is poorly done.
- A sharp scolding: gave the student hell for cheating.
- Excitement, mischievousness, or high spirits: We did it for the sheer hell of it.
- A tailor’s receptacle for discarded material.
- A hellbox.
- Used as an intensive: How the hell can I go? You did one hell of a job.
- A gambling house.
- Damaging or destructive to: Driving in a hilly town is hell on the brakes.
- Unpleasant to or painful for.
- verb - to behave raucously