Scrabble word: SPELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPELL exist?
Definitions of SPELL in dictionaries:
- noun - a psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation
- noun - a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else)
- noun - a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
- noun - a verbal formula believed to have magical force
- verb - orally recite the letters of or give the spelling of
- verb - indicate or signify
- verb - write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word)
- verb - relieve (someone) from work by taking a turn
- verb - place under a spell
- verb - take turns working
- To name or write in order the letters constituting (a word or part of a word).
- To constitute the letters of (a word): These letters spell animal.
- To form words by means of letters.
- To make perfectly clear and understandable: asked him to spell out his objectives.
- To read slowly and laboriously.
- To puzzle out; comprehend by study.
- A word or formula believed to have magic power.
- A bewitched state; a trance.
- A compelling attraction; charm or fascination: the spell of the theater.
- A short, indefinite period of time.
- A period of weather of a particular kind: a dry spell.
- One’s turn at work.
- A period of work; a shift.
- A period of rest.
- A period of physical or mental disorder or distress: a dizzy spell.
- A short distance.
- To relieve (someone) from work temporarily by taking a turn.
- To allow to rest a while.
- To take turns working.
- To rest for a time from an activity.
- verb - to name or write the letters of in order