Scrabble word: SWELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWELL exist?
Definitions of SWELL in dictionaries:
- noun - the undulating movement of the surface of the open sea
- noun - a rounded elevation (especially one on an ocean floor)
- noun - a crescendo followed by a decrescendo
- noun - a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- verb - increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity
- verb - become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger
- verb - expand abnormally
- verb - come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things)
- verb - come up, as of a liquid
- verb - cause to become swollen
- adj - very good
- To increase in size or volume as a result of internal pressure; expand.
- To increase in force, size, number, or degree: Membership in the club swelled.
- To grow in loudness or intensity: “The din in front swelled to a tremendous chorus” (Stephen Crane).
- To bulge out, as a sail.
- To rise or extend above the surrounding level, as clouds.
- To rise in swells, as the sea.
- To be or become filled or puffed up, as with pride, arrogance, or anger.
- To rise from within: Rage swelled within me.
- To cause to increase in volume, size, number, degree, or intensity: The governor’s full public disclosure only swelled the chorus of protests.
- To fill with emotion.
- The act or process of swelling.
- The condition of being swollen.
- A swollen part; a bulge or protuberance.
- A long wave on water that moves continuously without breaking.
- A rise in the land; a rounded elevation.
- One who is fashionably dressed or socially prominent: society swells.
- A crescendo followed by a gradual diminuendo.
- The sign indicating such a crescendo.
- A device on an instrument, such as an organ or a harpsichord, for regulating volume.
- Fashionably elegant; stylish.
- Excellent; wonderful: had a swell time.
- adj - fashionable
- verb - to increase in size or volume
There are 5 letters in SWELL: E L L S W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SWELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SWELL plus a wildcard: SWELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SWELL
Images for SWELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.