Scrabble word: SMELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SMELL exist?
Definitions of SMELL in dictionaries:
- noun - the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form
- noun - any property detected by the olfactory system
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun - the faculty that enables us to distinguish scents
- noun - the act of perceiving the odor of something
- verb - inhale the odor of
- verb - emit an odor
- verb - smell bad
- verb - have an element suggestive (of something)
- verb - become aware of not through the senses but instinctively
- To perceive the scent of (something) by means of the olfactory nerves.
- To sense the presence of by or as if by the olfactory nerves; detect or discover: We smelled trouble ahead.
- To use the sense of smell; perceive the scent of something.
- To have or emit an odor: “The breeze smelled exactly like Vouvray—flowery, with a hint of mothballs underneath” (Anne Tyler).
- To be suggestive; have a touch of something: a cave that smells of terror.
- To have or emit an unpleasant odor; stink: This closet smells.
- To appear to be dishonest; suggest evil or corruption.
- The sense by which odors are perceived; the olfactory sense.
- That quality of something that may be perceived by the olfactory sense.
- The act or an instance of smelling.
- To suspect that something is wrong.
- verb - to perceive by means of the olfactory nerves
There are 5 letters in SMELL: E L L M S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SMELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SMELL plus a wildcard: SMELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SMELL
Images for SMELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.