Scrabble word: SMELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SMELL exist?
Definitions of SMELL in dictionaries:
- noun - the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form
- noun - any property detected by the olfactory system
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun - the faculty that enables us to distinguish scents
- noun - the act of perceiving the odor of something
- verb - inhale the odor of
- verb - emit an odor
- verb - smell bad
- verb - have an element suggestive (of something)
- verb - become aware of not through the senses but instinctively
- To perceive the scent of (something) by means of the olfactory nerves.
- To sense the presence of by or as if by the olfactory nerves; detect or discover: We smelled trouble ahead.
- To use the sense of smell; perceive the scent of something.
- To have or emit an odor: “The breeze smelled exactly like Vouvray—flowery, with a hint of mothballs underneath” (Anne Tyler).
- To be suggestive; have a touch of something: a cave that smells of terror.
- To have or emit an unpleasant odor; stink: This closet smells.
- To appear to be dishonest; suggest evil or corruption.
- The sense by which odors are perceived; the olfactory sense.
- That quality of something that may be perceived by the olfactory sense.
- The act or an instance of smelling.
- To suspect that something is wrong.
- verb - to perceive by means of the olfactory nerves