Scrabble word: SAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAIL exist?
Definitions of SAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- noun - an ocean trip taken for pleasure
- noun - any structure that resembles a sail
- verb - traverse or travel on (a body of water)
- verb - move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions
- verb - travel on water propelled by wind
- verb - travel on water propelled by wind or by other means
- A piece of fabric sewn together and fitted to the spars and rigging of a vessel so as to convert the force of the wind into forward motion of the vessel.
- The sails of a ship or boat.
- The superstructure of a submarine.
- A sailing vessel.
- A trip or voyage in a sailing craft.
- Something, such as the blade of a windmill, that resembles a sail in form or function.
- To move across the surface of water, especially by means of a sailing vessel.
- To travel by water in a vessel.
- To start out on such a voyage or journey.
- To operate a sailing craft, especially for sport.
- To move swiftly, smoothly, or effortlessly: sailed through the examination.
- To navigate or manage (a vessel).
- To voyage upon or across: sail the Pacific.
- adj - to move across the surface of water by the action of wind [v -ED, -ING, -S] : SAILABLE
There are 4 letters in SAIL: A I L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SAIL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SAIL plus a wildcard: SAIL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SAIL
Images for SAIL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.