Scrabble word: REMOVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REMOVE exist?
Definitions of REMOVE in dictionaries:
- noun - degree of figurative distance or separation
- verb - remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
- verb - remove from a position or an office
- verb - dispose of
- verb - cause to leave
- verb - shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes
- verb - go away or leave
- verb - kill intentionally and with premeditation
- verb - get rid of something abstract
- To move from a place or position occupied: removed the dishes from the table.
- To transfer or convey from one place to another: removed the family to the West Coast.
- To take off: removed her jewelry.
- To take away; withdraw: removed his name from consideration.
- To do away with; eliminate: remove a stain.
- To dismiss from office.
- To change one’s place of residence or business; move: “In 1751, I removed from the country to the town” (David Hume).
- To go away; depart.
- To be removable: paint that removes with water.
- The act of removing; removal.
- Distance or degree of separation or remoteness: “to spill, though at a safe remove, the blood of brave men” (Anthony Burgess).
- verb - to take or move away