Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: MOVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOVE exist?
Definitions of MOVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of deciding to do something
- noun - the act of changing your residence or place of business
- noun - a change of position that does not entail a change of location
- noun - the act of changing location from one place to another
- noun - (game) a player's turn to take some action permitted by the rules of the game
- verb - change location
- verb - cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense
- verb - move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion
- verb - change residence, affiliation, or place of employment
- verb - follow a procedure or take a course
- verb - be in a state of action
- verb - go or proceed from one point to another
- verb - perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
- verb - have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- verb - give an incentive for action
- verb - arouse sympathy or compassion in
- verb - dispose of by selling
- verb - progress by being changed
- verb - live one's life in a specified environment
- verb - have a turn
- verb - propose formally
- To change in position from one point to another: moved away from the window.
- To progress in sequence; go forward: a novel that moves slowly.
- To follow a specified course: Earth moves around the sun.
- To progress toward a particular state or condition: moving up in the company; moved into the lead.
- To go from one residence or location to another; relocate.
- To start off; depart.
- To be disposed of by sale: Woolens move slowly in the summer.
- To change posture or position; stir: was afraid to move.
- To change the position of a piece in a board game.
- To be put in motion or to turn according to a prescribed motion.
- To exhibit great activity or energy.
- To initiate an action; act.
- To be active in a particular environment: moves in diplomatic circles.
- To stir the emotions: words that have the power to move.
- To make a formal motion in parliamentary procedure: move for an adjournment.
- To evacuate.
- To change the place or position of: moved her office; could not move his arm.
- To cause to go from one place to another: moved the crowd away.
- To change (a piece) from one position to another in a board game: moved a pawn.
- To change the course of: moved the discussion to other matters.
- To dislodge from a fixed point of view, as by persuasion: “Speak to him, ladies, see if you can move him” (Shakespeare).
- To prompt to an action; rouse: Anger moved her to speak out.
- To set or keep in motion.
- To cause to function.
- To cause to progress or advance.
- To arouse the emotions of; affect.
- To propose or request in formal parliamentary procedure: moved that a vote be taken.
- To make formal application to (a court, for example).
- To dispose of by sale: moved the new merchandise quickly.
- To cause (the bowels) to evacuate.
- The act or an instance of moving.
- A particular manner of moving: made some intricate moves on the dance floor.
- A change of residence or location.
- An act of transferring a piece from one position to another in board games.
- The prescribed manner in which a piece may be played.
- A participant’s turn to make a play.
- To get started; get going.
- To make intrusive advances toward; intrude on.
- To attempt to seize control of: moving in on their territory.
- Busily moving about; active: A nurse is on the move all day.
- Going from one place to another: troops on the move.
- Making progress; advancing: a technology that is clearly on the move.
- verb - to change from one position to another
There are 4 letters in MOVE: E M O V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MOVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MOVE plus a wildcard: MOVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MOVE
Images for MOVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.