Scrabble word: PITTED
In which Scrabble dictionary does PITTED exist?
Definitions of PITTED in dictionaries:
- noun - a sizeable hole (usually in the ground)
- noun - a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression)
- noun - the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed
- noun - (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil
- noun - an enclosure in which animals are made to fight
- noun - (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
- noun - (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
- noun - a trap in the form of a concealed hole
- noun - a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate
- noun - lowered area in front of a stage where an orchestra accompanies the performers
- noun - a workplace consisting of a coal mine plus all the buildings and equipment connected with it
- adj - pitted with cell-like cavities (as a honeycomb)
- Marked by pits.
- Having the pit removed: pitted dates.
- verb - to mark with cavities or depressions