Scrabble word: PENANCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PENANCE exist?
Definitions of PENANCE in dictionaries:
- noun - remorse for your past conduct
- noun - a Catholic sacrament
- noun - voluntary self-punishment in order to atone for some wrongdoing
- An act of self-mortification or devotion performed voluntarily to show sorrow for a sin or other wrongdoing.
- A sacrament in some Christian churches that includes contrition, confession to a priest, acceptance of punishment, and absolution.
- verb - to impose a type of punishment upon