Scrabble word: MISSION
In which Scrabble dictionary does MISSION exist?
Definitions of MISSION in dictionaries:
- noun - an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work
- noun - an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters
- noun - a special assignment that is given to a person or group
- noun - the organized work of a religious missionary
- noun - a group of representatives or delegates
- A body of persons sent to conduct negotiations or establish relations with a foreign country.
- The business with which such a body of persons is charged.
- A permanent diplomatic office abroad.
- A body of experts or dignitaries sent to a foreign country.
- A body of persons sent to a foreign land by a religious organization, especially a Christian organization, to spread its faith or provide educational, medical, and other assistance.
- A mission established abroad.
- The district assigned to a mission worker.
- A building or compound housing a mission.
- An organization for carrying on missionary work in a territory.
- A Christian church or congregation with no cleric of its own that depends for support on a larger religious organization.
- A series of special Christian services for purposes of proselytizing.
- A welfare or educational organization established for the needy people of a district.
- A special assignment given to a person or group: an agent on a secret mission.
- A combat operation assigned to a person or military unit.
- An aerospace operation intended to carry out specific program objectives: a mission to Mars.
- An inner calling to pursue an activity or perform a service; a vocation.
- To send on a mission.
- To organize or establish a religious mission among or in.
- Of or relating to a mission.
- Of or relating to a style of architecture or furniture used in the early Spanish missions of California.
- Often Mission.
- verb - to send to perform a specific task